Occasionally you may want to open and edit, move, or add a section of your inDinero financials only to find that you are blocked from the action. Time periods are switched to locked once your inDinero accounting service team completed the month-end-close (MEC) process.
This security is also in place to prevent any retroactive edits that could negatively impact your tax returns and possibly break tax compliance.
For example, Jane from Lyons Den needs to complete two bill payments for Castle Black Protection Services for May and June. They successfully paid for the security services due 06/24; however, they were blocked from completing the locked 05/11 bill.
How do I know if a section is locked?
A padlock symbol next to your inDinero information means that time period has been reviewed by your service team and is locked.
How can I unlock my books?
Unlocking books is an internal feature. In most cases, your account manager can make the changes for you to ensure proper accounting practices are upheld.
Should you wish to edit your own financial information, reach out to your service team through the chat channel service, email, or phone. Once finished editing, please contact your inDinero team to re-lock the books.
What areas can impact tax returns?
Locked books prevents editing the following:
- Add or delete transactions Edit descriptions, dates, categories, or notes
- Split transactions
- Move transactions to another account
- Create, edit, or delete billls
- Match bills to locked transactions
- Pay bills
- Add new invoices via importing
- Create, edit, or delete invoices
- Match invoices to locked transactions
- Journal Entries
- Add new journal entries via importing
- Create, edit, or delete journal entries
What areas do not impact tax returns?
Locked books permit the following edits:
- Add labels and attachments
- Make a payment against a locked bill
- Match locked bills to unlocked transactions
- Attach a file
- Match locked invoices to unlocked transactions
- Copy locked invoices
- Save as PDF
- Send and resend invoices
- Journal Entries
- All actions related to locked journal entries are frozen
Ultimately, Jane worked with their inDinero service team to assure that accounting practices were upheld and completed the bill pay. After the bill was paid, their inDinero service team relocked the books to secure.