After you send your payment, keep an eye on your check’s status by hovering over the truck icon in the “Make a Payment” tab.
- Submitted: The payment hasn't been sent yet, and can still be cancelled.
- Mailed: Payment is on the way and will arrive between 10 to 15 business days. You can even track where you check is by taking note of the last zip code where it was scanned.
- Cashed: Your check has been cashed.
I changed my mind! Can my check payment be cancelled?
Check out the following scenarios to understand how to cancel a check payment.
- If the payment is not linked to a bill, go to Bills>Make a Payment.
- If the check status listed is Submitted, simply click the X next to the payment in the Make a Payment table.
- If the status is Mailed or Cashed, the payment cannot be cancelled. Once the check is mailed, the only way you can cancel the check payment would be to call the bank and have them void the check. Note that sometimes banks can charge fees for this service, so be sure to check your bank's fee schedule.
- If the Submitted payment is linked to a bill, you can cancel the payment from the Make a Payment table under Bills>Make a Payment as noted above OR you can delete the payment directly on the bill which will cancel the check from being sent.