All clients will need the following document:
- Cap table as of December 31st of the year that you are filing
If you have done any of the following during the year that you are filing, we will need documentation for the following activities:
- Change of company name
- Increase or decrease of authorized stock
- For LLCs, admission or departure of a member or partner
- Conversion from one company form to another
- Debt cancellation or refinancing
- Formation or incorporation of your subsidiary (domestic or foreign)
- Registration of DBA (doing business as) name with any state
If you had a foreign subsidiary in the year you are filing, we will need the following documents:
- Foreign subsidiary’s financial statements such as the profit & loss and balance sheet
- Agreements for share purchases
- Other documents relevant to the parent-subsidiary relationship
- Breakdown of sales based on customers’ location, if you made sales outside your home state
- Form 1099s or brokerage statements received from outside parties (third-party payment processors, customers, financial institutions)
- Bitcoin transaction details, if applicable
- Payroll reports, if you had other payroll providers during the year you are filing
Additional Filing Requirements:
- To file your Delaware Franchise Tax, we will need at a minimum (1) and (3).
- For us to complete your books, we will need (1) to (8), (13) and(14).
- If you have no foreign filing requirements (no foreign shareholders or subsidiaries), we will only need (1) to (8) and (12) to (14).
- If you have foreign filing requirements, we will need (1) to (14).
- Item (15) is not requested in the questionnaire but we will ask for this if we did not do your payroll in 2015 and/or if we have no access to your payroll account.
Our comments may not contain a full description of all the facts or a complete exposition and analysis of all relevant authorities. Furthermore, the use of certain words such as “should, would, or will” is merely for grammatical convenience, is not intended to indicate a specific level of authority regarding a particular issue, and no explicit or implicit references should be taken there from. Our comments expressed herein are based upon the provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations in force on the date hereof, all proposed amendments to these Acts, Regulations and treaties publicly announced by the relevant authorities. Each and all of these authorities are subject to change at any time. Any such change could be given retroactive effect with respect to the transactions described herein and could cause the conclusions provided to become invalid, in whole or in part, with respect to any entity involved. There can be no assurance that these authorities will not disagree with, or challenge, the views set forth in this memorandum or that any such challenge will be unsuccessful.