Use inDinero to create and pay bills issued from your business's vendors.
Step 1: To create a new bill, navigate to Bills from the left-hand column and select Bills List from the dropdown.
Step 2: From the Bills List page, select New Bill in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3: Fill out the bill template's sections:
- Vendor: Select a predefined vendor or add a new vendor from the dropdown.
- Subject/Title: Fill out what the bill is for.
- Note/Memo: Add an optional memo.
- Bill Date: Date the bill is issued.
- Terms: The set due date.
- Due Date: If a term is selected, the due date automatically populates.
- Repeat dialogue box: Select if the bill is recurring.
- Product and Service: Add a product and select applicable account. Add a row if multiple accounts are listed on the bill.
- Description: Create a description of the product and add an optional dimension.
- Qty: Add a number
- Unit Cost: Add the amount
- Total Cost: The total amount auto-populates based on the quantity and unit cost.
- Attach a file: Attach the original bill for future filings. Note: You may also attach the bill from Bills List by selecting the paperclip icon.
Step 4: Select Save as Draft to save the bill under Bills > Draft Bills or Save to save the bill under Bills > Bills List.
Note: Saving a bill under the Draft Bills section will not affect financial reports or hit your books.
Looking for how inDinero can create bills instead? Check out here for more information on Full Service Bill Pay.