In order to categorize your transactions and build accurate reports, your inDinero team will need access to your financial accounts so they can import financial activities. Most financial institutions give business account holders a way to provide guest access for their accounting firm, but you can also contact your financial institution and have them create a guest user for you.
The process of creating guest access accounts might be different for each financial institution, but the information we’ll need will be consistent: Access to download monthly statements (PDF and CSV) as well as current and previous month transactions.
Instructions for Creating Guest Access to Your Financial Accounts:
These are the typical steps you will need to take to create a guest access account to your financial institution:
- Log in to your business’s online financial account.
- Navigate to one of the following sections:
- Profile and/or Settings
- User/account management
- Any other similar section
- Create a new user by providing a username that is unique, yet references your business name.
- For example: If your company name is Joe’s Ice Cream Company, create a username such as joesicecream1.
- Create a secure password. (However, most institutions will have us change it when we log in for the first time.
- If you are required to enter an email address to create a guest account, always use the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using the example from above, your email address would be email@example.com.
- If you are required to add any extra layers of security, or create answers to security questions, please document that information and upload to your Client Uploads.
- Double check to be sure that we have permissions to
- View Statements
- View Transactions
- Download Statements and Transactions
- View check images
- We would never need permissions to:
- Create transfers
- Modify Payments
- Modify user privileges
- Repeat all steps to create guest access for each account.
If you run into any confusion or trouble, your onboarding specialist can help. Just submit a ticket with any questions you may have about creating guest access from your inDinero Help Center: https://support.indinero.com