inDinero integrates with Stripe, a payment processor that allows companies to accept credit card payments and track revenue. With the integration, you can connect your Stripe account to inDinero which will automatically pull transaction data into your dashboard for your financial reports and analytics.
If you invoice your clients through inDinero, you can also use Stripe to offer credit card as a payment option. With this feature, your clients can click on a link from the invoice email and enter their information for processing.
This guide shows you how to do the following:
- Add Stripe as a financial account
- Import activity and set invoice preferences
- Set inDinero up with Stripe guest access
- How do I deactivate the credit card payment option for invoices?
- What happens when my client pays an invoice via credit card?
- What is the difference between an inDinero Managed Stripe account and a regular Stripe account?
You can connect your Stripe account from Bank Accounts & Transactions > Financial Accounts.
- From the Financial Accounts page, click New Account in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Stripe from the list of account types.
You’ll be redirected to stripe to complete the authorization process. For an existing account, you’ll have to input your username and password.
Note: Adding other types of financial accounts like banks or credit cards requires a little help from your inDinero team. Give us a call at 855-463-4637 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.
Next, you’ll be prompted with a couple options.
If you do not already have an existing Stripe account connected to inDinero for invoice payments, you can choose the following:
- Import account activity and enable invoice payments, or
- Only import account activity
If you already have an existing Stripe account connected to inDinero, your options will look a little different:
- Import account activity and use the existing Stripe account for invoice payments, or
- Import activity and use the new Stripe account for invoice payments.
Selecting either option will take you to Stripe to complete the authorization process. Once complete, you will be redirected to the Financial Accounts page in inDinero.
At this stage, you have established an automatic connection between Stripe and inDinero, but we will still need access to reports in order to complete monthly and annual reconciliations. The final step shows you how to do this.
Your bookkeeping team will need to break out and categorize transaction fees from customer payments, we’ll need to compare the financial data we automatically import with reports from Stripe. We can do this through guest access, which is a two-step process:
- From your Stripe account, navigate to Business Settings (left-hand menu) > Team. On the team page, click + New User.
- From the Invite New Users page, enter [yourcompanyname]@indinero.com and select View Only.
Note: View Only users can view and search through all the customer data in your account. They can’t refund payments or create new customers, and they can’t touch account settings.
Your team will receive an email notification from Stripe to finish the remainder of the setup process. Once the setup process is complete, your team will reach out if further information is required.