inDinero integrates with Stripe, an online payment processor that gives you the ability to accept payments via credit card. Stripe is an alternative payment method to give your vendors the option of paying invoices by credit card instead of checks or wire transfers. By connecting your Stripe account to inDinero, transaction data is automatically pulled into your Dashboard for real-time financial reporting and analytics.
This guide shows you how to do the following:
1. Connect Stripe to inDinero
To connect your Stripe account to inDinero go to Bank Accounts & Transactions and select Financial Accounts.
Step 1: From Financial Accounts, click New Account in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 2: Select Stripe from the list of account types.
Step 3: You’ll be given the option to import account activity and enable invoice payments OR only import account activity.
If you chose the Import account activity and enable invoice payments option, you’ll be redirected to Stripe to complete the authorization process. If you already have a Stripe account, you can sign in in the upper right-hand corner. For new Stripe users, complete the account application.
By choosing the Only import account activity option, you’ll be redirected to Stripe to sign in and connect your Stripe account to the inDinero platform.
2. Set up inDinero with Stripe guest access
Your accounting team will need access to Stripe reports in order to complete monthly and annual reconciliations. For example, each month we break out and categorize transaction fees from your customer payments and compare the data with Stripe reports.
In order to access your Stripe reports, your accounting team will need guest access, which is a two-step process:
- From your Stripe account, go to Business Settings in the left-hand menu and click Team. On the Team page, click + New User.
- From the Invite New Users page, enter [yourcompanyname]@indinero.com and select View Only.
Note: View Only users can view and search through all the customer data in your account. They can’t refund payments or create new customers, and they can’t touch account settings.
Your team will receive an email notification from Stripe to finish the setup process and will reach out if further information is required.
- How do I deactivate the credit card payment option for invoices?
- What happens when my client pays an invoice via credit card?
- What is the difference between an inDinero Managed Stripe account and a regular Stripe account?